License Violation

Discuss software licensing issues here.

License Violation

Postby craig.butcher » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:49 am

Good evening

Having purchased the hyper-v backup module sometime ago, I setup and was testing this feature only to start getting notifications that the license had been violated. Having looked into this further, it was due to the fact only 1 module license had been purchased but the system has 2 sockets. I therefore removed the backup module and schedule and it took a while but both servers stopped reporting a violation error. Then out of the blue, I received the below email and the software on the servers had in fact been disabled. Having checked the license info, both servers are showing no violations, please can you advise what I am supposed to do to resolve this?

Email:

Dear customer,

All your installed CloudBacko Pro software has been DISABLED because you haven't fixed the License Violation problem before September, 18 2017. You can extend the grace period for 14 days now by clicking this link https://lic.cloudbacko.com/cls/api/Rela ... 5SSuYDEPUA%

If you still cannot fix the problem within this period, all your CloudBacko Pro software using the existing License Key will be DISABLED and no further extension of grace period will be available.

Regards,

Customer Service
CloudBacko Corporation

Screen shots of the two servers as follows: https://we.tl/Ia93w6GOwG
craig.butcher

Re: License Violation

Postby craig.butcher » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 am

For reference the log files can be accessed from here: https://we.tl/0cxHQyInax

The servers are also running cloudbacko pro versions 2.3.0.0 and 2.9.0.1
craig.butcher

Postby AdelineWong » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Craig,

It seems like you have clicked the link in your email that has resumed your license key to normal status. I also checked the usage history and there is no more overuse of Hyper-V module. Therefore, you won't be experiencing license violation based on your current usage.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Kind regards,
Adeline Wong
Marketing Team of CloudBacko
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
AdelineWong

Postby craig.butcher » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Are you sure, just i removed the Hyper-v module acount a week or 2 ago and it flagged up this error yesterday?
craig.butcher

Postby AdelineWong » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi Craig,

According to the info from our License Server, your license usage has resumed to normal now. We'll keep monitoring your license usage in the next couple of weeks to see if there's any abnormal usage. If you got prompted for license violation, please also let me know, so that I can let our technical team to take a look.

Kind regards,
Adeline Wong
Marketing Team of CloudBacko
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
AdelineWong

Postby craig.butcher » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:08 pm

Thank you Adeline.
craig.butcher

Return to License