Transferring a license

For instructions on how to contact support for license issues.

Transferring a license

Postby MichelRenaud » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi,

I've been running CloudBacko for a while on an underpowered Windows server (NAS). I'm about to switch it to Linux to give it a bit more life. I'd like to transfer my CloudBacko license from that machine to a more powerful Windows machine and backup the server's data from there through mapped network drives.

I can't seem to find how to deactivate the license on the existing server (I'm about to kill the Windows installation on it) and the only e-mails I have are a couple of e-mails containing the invoice and a partially-redacted license key. I honestly can't remember the details of licensing it when I bought it over a year ago.

How do I go about installing CloudBacko on the other machine and using my license key?

Thanks,
Michel
MichelRenaud

Re: Transferring a license

Postby jeff.tang » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Michel,

In this case, please find the instruction to migrate your settings from your original machine to another:

1. Make a backup of your current settings.sys file using [Utiliites]>[Ex/Import Settings]>[Export Now]
2. Make sure you have a copy of your license key. Please refer to instruction how to locate your license key viewtopic.php?f=31&t=297
3. Uninstall your current CloudBacko installation
4. Install CloudBacko on your new machine.
5. Activate CloudBacko using your license key using the following steps viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295
6. Import you original Cloudbacko settings, go to [Utiliites]>[Ex/Import Settings]>[Import Now]

Please ensure that the Cloudbacko service is disabled on the Windows machine afterward.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
jeff.tang

Postby MichelRenaud » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks. This procedure is going to be a problem since I've already replaced the operating system on the NAS, so the CloudBacko installation is gone.
MichelRenaud

Postby jeff.tang » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:07 am

Hi Michel,

May I ask if you are able to find your license key? Could you please send your invoice number to me by PM? I will send you back the license information.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
jeff.tang

Return to Contacting Support For License Issues