New Release, why no Backblaze B2?!

Post the features you want us to add or improve here.

New Release, why no Backblaze B2?!

Postby dmtd » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 am

I see 2.5 just came out. Why did it not include BackBlaze B2 support?!

Backblaze B2 is a new cloud storage provider which has object storage like Amazon S3 and Google Cloud Storage but at a lower cost. It allows large amounts of information to be stored for very little cost.

Backblaze B2 would be perfect for Cloudbacko Pro. Cloudberry, your competitor, has already integrated Backblaze B2, so now it's your turn! If you support small cloud providers like Rackspace, you should easily be able to support Backblaze B2.

Backblaze B2 has an API and is very easy to work with. You can learn about it here: https://www.backblaze.com/b2/docs/

So when will you be able to add Backblaze B2 to Cloudbacko? How long will I need to wait? Please increase the priority of this request. It will drive more users to your product because then you could be listed as an Integration on the Backblaze website.
dmtd

Re: New Release, why no Backblaze B2?!

Postby jeff.tang » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello,

For supporting BackBlaze B2 cloud storage, this has been added in our development schedule. I have passed your message to our development team to push this forward. However, we still do not have the exact date for this release yet.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
jeff.tang

Re: New Release, why no Backblaze B2?!

Postby dmtd » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:29 am

Jeff,
Thank you! I appreciate you adding it to the development schedule and increasing the priority of the request. I look forward to this release. Please let me know on this thread when you have a release date. Thank you!
dmtd

Return to Enhancement requests