Frustrated withthis product

For instructions on how to contact support for license issues.

Frustrated withthis product

Postby Bardons2016 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:08 pm

OK, I have been trying to get this straightened out for at least 4 months, my license seems to keep disabling and tells me I have a violation, this is Bull.
Bardons2016

Re: Frustrated withthis product

Postby AdelineWong » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:50 am

Hi Bardon,

Please check PM and send me the info. I'll help you fix the problem.

Thanks,
Adeline Wong
Marketing Team of CloudBacko
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
AdelineWong

Postby av8rcallan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm having a similar issue. Been trying to get a support response since July 6, can I please get some help. I loved this product when it worked, but I have continuous license issues after zero changes. Have a very simple backup plan, but it's constantly having issues and get no response via contacting the support manager.
av8rcallan

Postby jeff.tang » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:34 pm

av8rcallan wrote:I'm having a similar issue. Been trying to get a support response since July 6, can I please get some help. I loved this product when it worked, but I have continuous license issues after zero changes. Have a very simple backup plan, but it's constantly having issues and get no response via contacting the support manager.

Hello,

we have got your config files from PM. Moreover, may I ask which module do you get license violation? Could you please also send us the Cloudbacko Client log files for investigation?

FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?"
https://www.cloudbacko.com/forum/viewto ... f=58&t=233
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby av8rcallan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:15 am

jeff.tang wrote:
Hello,

we have got your config files from PM. Moreover, may I ask which module do you get license violation? Could you please also send us the Cloudbacko Client log files for investigation?

FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?"
https://www.cloudbacko.com/forum/viewto ... f=58&t=233

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response, the link you posted doesn't appear to be working (404 error), but they are attached to the PM I believe. I have a PRO license and I'm only using a single VMware module I just see the typical red banner that can't be closed or minimized.
av8rcallan

Postby jeff.tang » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:01 pm

av8rcallan wrote:Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response, the link you posted doesn't appear to be working (404 error), but they are attached to the PM I believe. I have a PRO license and I'm only using a single VMware module I just see the typical red banner that can't be closed or minimized.

Thank you for your update. As checked the config files you provided, you have running 5 VM backup with a single VMware module. This could be reason for the license violation without sufficient VMware quota purchased. For your information, it is required to purchase a VMware module for each virtual machine. If you need to backup 5 VMs, please purchase 4 more VMware module to resolve this problem.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby av8rcallan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:34 am

When did this change to per VM? It's one server...I just read your example again. We're talking about backing up one host. Your licensing is based off of backing up "hosts" if I'm reading this correctly. If it's not, then you need to change the writing in your pricing model. I'm not backing up 5 hosts...it's one host with 5 virtual machines. I bought the license two years ago at this point. Nothing has changed in two years on my backup plan.

"If you need to back up the virtual machines in a VMware ESXi (paid version) host with 2 CPU sockets used, you need to purchase 1 CloudBacko Pro and 2 VMware Modules. The total price would be US$49 + (2 x US$149) = US$347."
av8rcallan

Postby jeff.tang » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:00 pm

av8rcallan wrote:When did this change to per VM? It's one server...I just read your example again. We're talking about backing up one host. Your licensing is based off of backing up "hosts" if I'm reading this correctly. If it's not, then you need to change the writing in your pricing model. I'm not backing up 5 hosts...it's one host with 5 virtual machines. I bought the license two years ago at this point. Nothing has changed in two years on my backup plan.

"If you need to back up the virtual machines in a VMware ESXi (paid version) host with 2 CPU sockets used, you need to purchase 1 CloudBacko Pro and 2 VMware Modules. The total price would be US$49 + (2 x US$149) = US$347."

Thank you for your clarification. For your information the VM module in v2.3.0.0 is charged per socket. May I ask how many CPU sockets are the host server? Since you have purchased 1 VM module, it should be insufficient for a VM host with more than 1 CPU socket.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby av8rcallan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:30 pm

In that case, I just need to a module for one more socket. Has 2 CPUS. The screen is covered by the error though and won't let me get to the purchase page. Is there another way around that?

Thanks for the assistance!
av8rcallan

Postby jeff.tang » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:19 pm

av8rcallan wrote:In that case, I just need to a module for one more socket. Has 2 CPUS. The screen is covered by the error though and won't let me get to the purchase page. Is there another way around that?

Thanks for the assistance!

May I ask if you have got any error from clicking the [Buy] icon on Cloudbacko interface? Would you please capture the error message and send us by PM?
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby av8rcallan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:13 am

Hi Jeff,

I can't click anything, I just have the Red Banner overtop the entire app. Can't close it or move it. Everytime I open it, it's full screen. Just need to buy one more module, but it doesn't look like I can.
av8rcallan

Postby jeff.tang » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:02 pm

av8rcallan wrote:Hi Jeff,

I can't click anything, I just have the Red Banner overtop the entire app. Can't close it or move it. Everytime I open it, it's full screen. Just need to buy one more module, but it doesn't look like I can.

In this case, would you please provide us with the Teamviewer 10 access by PM? I can help to check this out for you.

Please download Teamviewer 10 with below link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/p ... #version10
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby dantci » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:56 am

We have the same issue after trying vmware module. i sent a PM but the message is stuck in the Outbox. Please HELP
dantci

Postby jeff.tang » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:38 am

dantci wrote:We have the same issue after trying vmware module. i sent a PM but the message is stuck in the Outbox. Please HELP

For your new VMware backup issue, would you please submit a new post with the related information instead?
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Return to Contacting Support For License Issues