Cannot restore a database

Discuss any IBM Lotus Domino related issues here.

Cannot restore a database

Postby tellis » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:05 am

Hi, I have a daily backup of email databases and recently tried restoring one from a few different dates. I was able to restore a couple of versions (raw) from before a certain date but any that I try after that date give me the error "Delta File is corrupt...".

I have been able to restore other databases after this date so it is something specific to that database.

1. Could me running a restore on a certain day damage the delta file that later backups need?

2. Is there any way to rectify this? (running data integrity check found nothing and didn't help).

3. Why has this not been reported in to me as an error? All my reports and the logs say everything is fine, when in fact the backup is not working properly and I was close to losing all copies as the date is nearly past my retention policy.

Point 2 above is obviously of a huge concern because it means that it is possible that any of my hundreds of databases are not actually backing up and I have no idea if that is happening!

I really hope you can help.
tellis

Re: Cannot restore a database

Postby jeff.tang » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello,

For your information, it is not possible to restore the database after this date if the delta file is corrupted in the middle.

To help us looking into this, could you provide us with the full CBK client logs? do you mind copying the backup logs to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download?

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
jeff.tang

Postby tellis » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks for your reply, here is the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbd9wamuzs7pz ... 6.log?dl=0
tellis

Postby jeff.tang » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Hello,

I have checked that only the restore log is available from the download link.

To help us looking into, would you please also send us the backup logs & Integrity check logs for investigation?
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby tellis » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Here is the backup log for the same day as the restore log I have given you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3nsx4zucunaa ... 0.log?dl=0

I can't see where the integrity check logs are though and the instructions link doesn't mention them as far as I can see.
tellis

Postby jeff.tang » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Hello,

If you are unable to find the integrity check log, could you please send us the whole .cbp folder except the "config" folder?
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby tellis » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:56 am

tellis

Return to IBM Lotus Domino