MySQL backup is not working.

Discuss any MySQL related issues here.

MySQL backup is not working.

Postby esmatullaharifi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Hello guys,
I have setup the CloudBacko Pro for MySQL backup. I provided the credentials of MySQL and the name of databases are listed and after the selection of database the backup set is created but when i want to run this backup set mysqldump.exe error occurs.
Error Details:
mysqldump.exe: Got Error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: Yes)" when trying to connect.
esmatullaharifi

Re: MySQL backup is not working.

Postby jeff.tang » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:23 am

Hello,

The message suggests that the login credentials specified in the 'Database Backup Setting' is invalid, or the password contains non alphanumeric character, such as the equal sign "=" or ampersand "&".

To resolve the issue, ensure that the login credentials specified for 'Database Backup Setting' is valid.

For mysql password contains non alphanumeric character, modify the password to use only alphanumeric character. Please refer to the following steps:

Modify the MySQL password with the following command:

>grant all privileges on *.* to 'root'@'localhost' identified by 'new_password';

Please use the new password to configure the MySQL backup set again.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
jeff.tang

Re: MySQL backup is not working.

Postby esmatullaharifi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks from your reply.
My password contains @# characters.
This software in the beginning can list my all databases and then after selecting the database the backup is not being performed and the error is displayed.
esmatullaharifi

Return to MySQL Database backup and restore