Is "oneDrive for Business" Supported? (#10253) [SOLVED]

Discuss any issues related to Microsoft OneDrive here.

Is "oneDrive for Business" Supported? (#10253) [SOLVED]

Postby claude » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi,

I was testing the oneDrive support. When creating a backup destination I am re-directed to a login screen for oneDrive.
This login screen accepts my personal oneDrive credentials but not my "oneDrive for Business" credentials.
Is there any support or planned support for oneDrive for Business? This would be ideal as typically companies will own space under this service rather than on personal oneDrive.

Also, are the oneDrive file limitations (max 2GB file, max 20,000 files) taken into consideration when backing up to this destination?

Thanks and regards,
Claude
claude

Re: Is "oneDrive for Business" Supported?

Postby rafael » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Hello Claude,

Yes, OneDrive for Business is supported.

CloudBacko Pro/Lite splits large files into 64MB chunks before uploading to them Cloud Storage. So if you are using CloudBacko with OneDrive you can backup a single file up to 1.28TB in size (64MB x 20000) per folder.
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
rafael
Site Admin

Postby claude » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi Raphel,

thanks for your quick reply, This is excellent news, however I do have issues accessing oneDrive for Business.
When I create a destination and create a oneDrive Connection, I am redirected to a site starting with https://login.live.com -> this site will only accept credentials for oneDrive personal.
For oneDrive for Business you must sign in using address https://login.microsoftonline.com/ -> this site will accept credentials for oneDrive business

I tried a number of things but i'm not able to get this serial number required to paste into CloudBacko to create the required destination.

Any ideas?

regards,
Claude
claude

Postby claude » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi,
any feedback on this?
thanks!
Claude
claude

Postby rafael » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello Claude,

I like to offer my apologies, I misunderstood your original question.

We only support backup to OneDrive and not "OneDrive for Business" which is actually part of Office365.

We do have a enhancement in the pipeline for supporting "OneDrive for Business" in future versions but I am not able to give you a precise timeline at the moment.

In meantime, do you mind using a regular OneDrive account to evaluate CloudBacko.
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
rafael
Site Admin

Postby claude » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Thanks for the info.
claude

Re: Is "oneDrive for Business" Supported? (#10253)

Postby Gary » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:31 am

Hi,

Can we assume that, if we purchase it, CloudBacko is now working for OneDrive for Business? As you are probably aware of, we are now getting 1 TB free storage per Office 365 user and we intent to take advantage of that for cloud storage.
Thanks,

Gary
Gary

Postby rafael » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your interest in CloudBacko Pro.

As CloudBacko already supports Microsoft Azure and OneDrive we are planning to include OneDrive for Business as one of our Cloud destination but at moment I cannot provide a you with a specific time frame.
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
rafael
Site Admin

Postby claude » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:18 pm

This would be a great addition since Office 365 subscriptions include this one TB of space which quite frankly is quite useless for most other applications given the limitations it has with syncing regular files. Would be great to be able to use it for Backups.

regards,
Claude
claude

Postby Gary » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:31 am

Thank You, Rafael,

Please keep us posted.

Gary
Gary

Postby Gary » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:28 am

Hi,

Please point us to a step-by-step procedure for us to setup CloudBacko Lite with a regular OneDrive account.

Thank You,

Gary
Gary

Postby rafael » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Hello Gary,

Please refer to the following FAQ "How do I setup Microsoft OneDrive as a storage destination on CloudBacko?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=436
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
rafael
Site Admin

Postby rafael » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi All,

Wanted to let you know that CloudBacko v1.11.0.0 has been released. This version includes support for OneDrive For Business.

CloudBacko v1.11.0.0 can be downloaded from http://www.cloudbacko.com/en/download-c ... -trial.jsp

Anybody running on previous version of CloudBacko Pro/Lite can update to v1.11.0.0 by following step in the following FAQ "How do I update my CloudBacko installation to the latest version?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=73
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
rafael
Site Admin

Re: Is "oneDrive for Business" Supported? (#10253) [SOLVED]

Postby worldwbl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi,

I was testing the oneDrive support. When creating a backup destination I am re-directed to a login screen for oneDrive.
This login screen accepts my personal oneDrive credentials but not my "oneDrive for Business" credentials.
Is there any support or planned support for oneDrive for Business? This would be ideal as typically companies will own space under this service rather than on personal oneDrive.

Also, are the oneDrive file limitations (max 2GB file, max 20,000 files) taken into consideration when backing up to this destination?

Thanks and regards,
Claude

Hi Claude,

Yes, OneDrive for Business is supported.
worldwbl

Return to Microsoft OneDrive