Restore error - system cannot find the path specified

Discuss any Exchange Database backup and restore issues here.

Restore error - system cannot find the path specified

Postby Simson » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:07 am

Hi, I tested to restore two Exchange stores from a recent full backup, but received and ended the following error,

[2017/08/27 23:55:27] [erro] could not read , Error=The system cannot find the path specified.

I believe the backup archive is good, as it finished the merging full and backup files and dismounted and started the restoration process.

Please let me know is there any way I can find more details about exactly what path is missing for the restoration?

And your blog doesn't allow me to upload the .log file.
Simson

Re: Restore error - system cannot find the path specified

Postby jeff.tang » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi Simon,

If the log files are too large to upload on our forum, please copy the log files to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download?

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
jeff.tang

Postby Simson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:12 am

Thanks Ronnie for getting back to me, this my reply to Ronnie yesterday, as no reply yet, I post it up as well in case.

Please find attached are two backup index control files set in zip format, one copied on Aug 10 and the other set copied on Aug 22. Please let me know if the upload doesn't works, I can try to put it into my drop box as well.

The path not found error shown when I tried to use the Aug 22 index control backup set. I also tried it again to restore the Aug 21 as well as Aug 8 backup. Both was failure.

In fact, none of the restoration ever worked from this Aug 22 index control backup set. Seems it always restored the delta incremental small backup files only, but never restoring the Full backup created on Aug 5.

As my current Exchange testing data store set containing the data back to July 19, the restoration should be smart enough to first restore the Aug 5 full backup and then each of the delta incremental backup files from Aug 6 up to Aug 22. But it doesn’t somehow. By using the Aug 22 index control file set, it seems will only restoring the small delta incremental backup data only, but not the Aug 5 full backup?

And then, I replaced the Aug 22 set with the Aug 10 index control backup files to restore up to Aug 10 backup.

This time, it works, it is able to merge and restore the Aug 5 full backup and then each of the incremental delta backup files all the way up to Aug 10.

Please take a look the attached two backup index files, and see can you tell me why the Aug 22 index backup control files are not working but the Aug 10 is working?

The actual backup data set are the same, only the backup index control file set are different. I have backup data set all the way from Aug 5 to 22. But as only the Aug 10 backup index control file is working, I can only restore my back up to Aug 10 instead of 22.

And my current backup set has a backup retention setting of 14 days, but I don’t think this should related to this issue?

Regards
Simson

Postby Simson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:34 am

And please also find here is the drop box link to the two backup index control zips, just in case the upload doesn't work out.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wanmekfwhws ... a3Sza?dl=0

thanks!
Simson

Return to Microsoft Exchange Server Database