Cancel - Resume on backup

Discuss all issues related to CloudBacko Lite here

Cancel - Resume on backup

Postby solemgar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Hello!

I am considering acquiring this software for sending backup to OneDrive, but since I can't do a full backup in one go (I need to send almost 100GB to OneDrive) I was wondering if i can stop a backup and run it later. WIll it pick it up from where it left it after cancel or will it run from scratch? I was trying the free version and it seems it was the case, but I want to make sure that this is supported and that I will be able to recover my data later.

Also, I am a bit concerned about the permissions that is asking on OneDrive like reading all my contacts and accessing emails. Can someone clarify why this permissions are requested and not only file access?

Kind Regards!
solemgar

Re: Cancel - Resume on backup

Postby rafael » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:09 pm

solemgar wrote:Hello!

I am considering acquiring this software for sending backup to OneDrive, but since I can't do a full backup in one go (I need to send almost 100GB to OneDrive) I was wondering if i can stop a backup and run it later. WIll it pick it up from where it left it after cancel or will it run from scratch? I was trying the free version and it seems it was the case, but I want to make sure that this is supported and that I will be able to recover my data later.

The backup behaviour is the same for all versions of CloudBacko, any files which are not backed up when you stop the backup job will be backuped in the subsequent job

Also, I am a bit concerned about the permissions that is asking on OneDrive like reading all my contacts and accessing emails. Can someone clarify why this permissions are requested and not only file access?

CloudBacko will request sufficient permissions to create new files/folders, update/modify files, and delete files on your designate Cloud storage service for backup/restore purposes only. It does not require information about your contacts/emails.

Kind Regards!
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
rafael
Site Admin

Postby solemgar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Thanks Rafael. Very useful answers. Just one more, can I use CloudBacko Lite to recover files (or backup to) sources created with CloudBacko free?

Thanks!
solemgar

Postby rafael » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Hello,

Yes, you can migrate your existing backup sets and data from CloudBacko Free to CloudBacko Lite.

You can use the following instructions viewtopic.php?f=64&t=316
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
rafael
Site Admin

Postby solemgar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:41 am

Thanks a lot for the reply, Rafael! :)
solemgar

Return to Backup, restore, configuration, troubleshooting, and others