Backup to Destination Pool stopped

Discuss all issues related to CloudBacko Lite here

Backup to Destination Pool stopped

Postby Bluejay » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:20 pm

I am doing a backup to my first destination pool, which includes four destinations. To my surprise and dismay, the backup basically stopped, when the first destination was full, instead of continuing with the next destination. I don't understand why. I thought that's the whole point of a pool, that the backup continues on the next destination.
What has possibly gone wrong?
Bluejay

Re: Backup to Destination Pool stopped

Postby johnny.wong » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 am

Could you tell us if this was a manual backup or this failing on scheduled? What is the error that is presented if any?

Will need to have a look at the logs to understand why the backup had stopped.

Would it be possible to copy the CloudBacko logs to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download? Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
johnny.wong

Postby Bluejay » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:55 pm

It was a manual backup, not scheduled.
There was no error message, because I stopped the backup - it was going nowhere: estimated time was zero, elapsed time kept running, transfer rate was zero for hours.
Here is the log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/885aamfxdvznt ... 3.log?dl=0

My workaround was now to reorder the destinations in the pool.
Now that another destination on top of the list, the backup continues. We'll see what happens when this one is full, too.
Bluejay

Postby johnny.wong » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Could you let us know how many destinations are in the pool. Also provide us details of what destination were used? i.e. if you are using DropBox, google drive or if they are all local destinations?

Can you let us know the order that they were in and which drive was moved to the top to allow for the backup?

Also, the logs appears to be a system log. Could you provide us with the full backup logs? If you do not wish to share this on the thread, could you pm me with link to the file?
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby Bluejay » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:57 pm

There were four destinations, none of them local.
OneDrive was the first one in the list, which is now full. The others are Dropbox, and two different Google Drives.
Now I moved one Google Drive to the top and Dropbox is second.

I could not find another log. The only log that I found was the last completed backup to a local destination from 10 days ago.
Bluejay

Postby CB.Support.Manager » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:15 am

Hello,

Just following up with you on your destination pool backup problem.

In your last post on June 24th you mentioned adjusting the ordering of the cloud storage. Has this had any affect on the problem?

If you are still have problems please send us the backup logs from June 25th onwards, it would provide us with more insight on what's happening during the backup job. You can copy the backup logs to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download?

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Support Manager of CloudBacko
CB.Support.Manager
Site Admin

Postby Bluejay » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks for following up.

The problem is not yet resolved, because I can't find a backup log about it. Maybe I shut down the program too fast and thereby prefenting the saving of logs.
I shared the link for the only backup log that I found with Johnny Wong in a PM.

I am still "filling up" the backup destination that is now first in the list, and then we will see if the problem happens again.
So, I will post an update once I reach the limit of the second (now first) backup destination.
Bluejay

Re: Backup to Destination Pool stopped (#11621)

Postby rafael » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 am

Bluejay wrote:I am doing a backup to my first destination pool, which includes four destinations. To my surprise and dismay, the backup basically stopped, when the first destination was full, instead of continuing with the next destination. I don't understand why. I thought that's the whole point of a pool, that the backup continues on the next destination.
What has possibly gone wrong?
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
rafael
Site Admin

Postby johnny.wong » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi Bluejay,

Just to let you know that CloudBacko Pro/Lite v1.11.0.0 has been released, this version contains the bug fixes for your reported "Unable to switch to new storage on Destination Pool list when Windows OneDrive is full" problem.

Please update CloudBacko Pro/Lite to v1.11.0.0 by following step in the following FAQ "How do I update my CloudBacko installation to the latest version?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=73
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby Bluejay » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks for the update. Even before that update, it seems that everything worked fine, after reordering the destinations. Maybe this is / was a problem specific to OneDrive.
Bluejay

Return to Backup, restore, configuration, troubleshooting, and others