Same files Backed Up Over and Over

Discuss all issues related to CloudBacko Lite here

Same files Backed Up Over and Over

Postby jsc2430 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:56 pm

I have CloudBacko Lite (1.9.2.0) installed on a Mac (OS X 10.8.5) and I am backing up to the following location types.

Local USB Drive
SFTP Server
Google Drive

Initial backups go fine. Backups after initial when no data has change go fine. When I add a file(s) to the directory included in the backup set the file gets backed up. On subsequent backup runs the same file gets backed up over and over. I have tested this with incremental, differential, and full backup. The file is around 350MB. Logs so all jobs complete successfully.

Anyone with an idea what is going on?
jsc2430

Re: Same files Backed Up Over and Over

Postby johnny.wong » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:14 pm

To help us understand the case, could you advise

- if there is any chance to the file such as changes to the time stamp?
- the type of file this is?
- is this the only file affected? if so, what is the file used for?

Do you mind copying the backup logs to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download? We like to have a look at the logs to understand this case further. If you prefer you can PM me with the link details.

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
johnny.wong

Postby fvsclark » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:03 pm

I have replied via PM with link and answers to the questions.
fvsclark

Postby johnny.wong » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi,

Had a look at the logs. Can see it is just one file that is uploading as new over again each time. Can you run a Data Integrity Check on the backup set.

Once done, please go into restore to check if the file is present. Please pm me a screen shot if the file is still present.

Then run another backup to check if the file is uploaded again and PM me the logs. The backup seems to believe the file is new and we need to check if the file is present on the backup destination or not.

For details on how to perform a "Data Integrity Check", please refer to the following FAQ article "How do I ensure the data integrity of the files in my backup sets?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=81
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby fvsclark » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:16 am

The data integrity came back successful. After looking looking restore the file(s) that keep getting backed up are not present although the backup logs show the file was backed up.

To give a little more information on my steps.

- I created the backup set and added three destinations. (Local USB Drive, SFTP, and Google Drive)
- I did an initial backup only to the USB Drive.
- Then I took the local backup on usb drive and copied it to the SFTP server. (CloudBacko was shutdown when drive was removed and not schedule exist)
- Then I brought the USB drive back and plugged in back in and ran another backup before any new files were added. All was good. USB drive is mounted with same path on OS X as it was before.
- Now when new files are added they get backed up over and over to both locations (Google Drive location is not being used yet until I figure this issue out)

I followed this "seeding" procedure I found on the forum.

It seems that no new files are being backed up successfully since that initial backup run.

I need to be able to "seed" the initial backup from USB drive to SFTP server and Google Drive. If I didn't do the proper procedure let me know.

I will await your reply for next steps.

I will PM the logs again.
fvsclark

Postby johnny.wong » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:48 am

About seeding the data. Are you referring to the steps mentioned under "Seeding / Seed Loading tool" viewtopic.php?f=2&t=296

For the file. It is strange that the file is not found in the restore even after being uploaded. Can you create a new backup set as a test and just backup this file? Would like to check if the problem is only related to this backup set or if the problem follows the file itself.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby johnny.wong » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:09 am

Not heard back in some time about this case. Just wanting to check if the problem persists and if you have tried backing up the file alone in a new backup set to see if the problem is related to the file itself.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Return to Backup, restore, configuration, troubleshooting, and others