cloudBacko Pro cannot save changed temporary directory or export settings to finder

Discuss all issues related to CloudBacko Lite here

cloudBacko Pro cannot save changed temporary directory or export settings to finder

Postby peacockcomputers » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi I can not save the changes a blue line flashes along the bottom edge of the finder window but does not save. Can only click cancel.

Mac Pro running Maverickss 10.9.5 and osx server with simple file sharing only.
filemaker pro also running and sharing databases.

We purchased cloudBacko Pro and are successful in making some backups. We are getting error I guess because the temp drive has no space left and by default is on startup drive which is 256GB SSD.

error reports seem to have little info, I may be missing something and only looking at the summary.

Not sure if we need to manually log in the console errors etc .. thanks ! otherwise software is great. We are attempting to backup ~800 - 1000GB in three backup sets of different folders - all to one container on Azure platform.
peacockcomputers

Re: cloudBacko Pro cannot save changed temporary directory or export settings to finder

Postby rafael » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Hello,

- When exporting the settings.sys file. Can you try following the steps on the following post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=501

- You mentioned you cannot save the new temporary folder directory path. Do the user account have read/write access to the directory path?

- "I can not save the changes a blue line flashes along the bottom edge of the finder window but does not save. Can only click cancel.". Do you mind posting a screen shot of this issue?

For your backup problem, to help us to get clearer picture of your backup problem. Do you mind copying the backup logs to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread?

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
rafael
Site Admin

Return to Backup, restore, configuration, troubleshooting, and others