Unchanged files are backed up each time

Discuss all issues related to CloudBacko Lite here

Unchanged files are backed up each time

Postby chris.cheetham » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:09 pm

I can't see an option to raise a support case - looks like we just post it here for all to see.

Every time I run a backup, it backs up 2659 files (31GB) that have not change and have not had their timestamps updated.

Please let me know the fix.
chris.cheetham

Re: Unchanged files are backed up each time

Postby chris.cheetham » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:10 pm

ps. Please email me your reply. I don't want to have to keep checking here on the chance that you've posted a reply.
chris.cheetham

Postby johnny.wong » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:24 am

Hi Chris,

About the email replies. The standard support service included with your CloudBacko Pro/Lite purchase is forum support. If you prefer a higher support level such as phone/email support you can subscribe to our Premium Support Service which is USD $300 per year, please refer to our website for details http://www.cloudbacko.com/en/cloudbacko ... ricing.jsp

For the problem itself, do you mean that the backup is uploading the same files each time and there no updates to the time stamp? To understand the issue better, do you mind sending us the logs so that we can check on this further? You can copy the log files to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download? If you prefer, you can PM me the link.

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
johnny.wong

Postby chris.cheetham » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:43 am

I sent you the information you asked for yesterday but had no reply. When will you get back to me?

ps. of course I wouldn't pay $300 for support!
chris.cheetham

Postby johnny.wong » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 am

Hi Chris,

Looking at the logs, it seems that this problem is only affecting one backup set. Is this correct?

As the destination is OneDrive for all backup sets, there should not be a connection issue. The only difference is that the backup set at fault has a larger volume to upload. We have seen similar problems of connection issues affecting the update of the index that could be the cause. To check on this could you first run a Data Integrity Check with CRC? For details on how to perform a "Data Integrity Check", please refer to the following FAQ article "How do I ensure the data integrity of the files in my backup sets?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=81

If no problem is found with the index from the check, could you add a second destination to a local disk for this backup set as a test? If the backup run and the local destination is uploading differently on/after the 2nd backup, then this will help us narrow down the issue.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
johnny.wong

Return to Backup, restore, configuration, troubleshooting, and others