License Violation [Solved]

Discuss software licensing issues here.

License Violation [Solved]

Postby ChazJ » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:31 pm

I continue to get a license violation notice, after uninstalling CloudBackoPro from one machine and installing it on another. I have uninstalled it from the previous machine, deleted all back sets created there, and I still get the notice.

I did receive an e-mail on 7/2 stating that the license violation had been corrected, but the notice still persists.

Please help me solve this.

Thank you,

Charlie
ChazJ

Re: License Violation

Postby Sam.Lau » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi ChazJ

Thanks for your post,

For the license issue, would you please send us the folder .cbp for further investigation?

You may able to view the .cbp folder as below path:

For CloudbBacko Pro
(Windows XP/2003) -> C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\.cbp
(Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/2008/2008 R2/2012) -> C:\users\{username}\.cbp
(Mac OS X) -> /Users/{username}/.cbp
(Linux) -> /root/.cbp
Sam Lau
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
Sam.Lau

Postby ChazJ » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:54 pm

I have attached the file as requested.

Thank you,

Charlie
ChazJ

Postby Sam.Lau » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi ChazJ

Thanks for your update,

We have received the .cbp folder and we are now analyzing the data. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sam Lau
CloudBacko Forum Support
Sam.Lau

Postby ChazJ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:47 pm

Hello,

I received an e-mail saying I had exceeded my total installations. I found the License area of the application, and it shows I have purchased 2 VMWare licenses (correct) and I am using six (incorrect).

Here is my situation. We originally had two VMWare servers, which are the ones I purchased licenses for. We recently acquired a third server, larger and more powerful, to replace one of the other two. We began the process of migrating VMs from one of the old servers to the new one. In the meantime, we also decided to move CloudBacko Pro to another server which has more memory and disk space for backup storage. That is when this whole issue arose. We have been trying to keep all three servers backed up as we progress through the migration, but I now see that this would violate the license, even though it is only temporary.

So, I have now deleted all backup sets, and chose the option to delete all data associated with the backup sets. I restarted the system. I go to the license area of CloudBacko and it still tells me I have six VMWare modules in use.

How can I reset things back and get to the point of being able to use the two licenses I have (I will select the two servers we are planning on keeping)?

Another question: I had set up the backup set to use VCenter. If I select the top level, DataCenter, is that going to require three licenses, because all three servers are still being managed by VCenter? Can I select just the two we are keeping, or do I need to not use VCenter and create the backup set to work directly with each VMWare server?

Thank you
ChazJ

Postby ChazJ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Hello,

I am getting e-mails from your system stating that I need to get this resolved by August 4 or the product will be disabled. Please resolve and reply ASAP.

Thank you,

Charlie
ChazJ

Postby ChazJ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Hello,

I am getting e-mails from your system stating that I need to get this resolved by August 4 or the product will be disabled. Please resolve and reply ASAP.

Thank you,

Charlie
ChazJ

Postby Sam.Lau » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi ChazJ

Apologize for any inconvenience caused,

Further checked the license with our developer, and the issue was resolved. But it will take 7 days to remove the message, so client is still receiving the error message.
Sam Lau
CloudBacko Forum Support
Sam.Lau

Postby Sam.Lau » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi ChazJ

Apologize for any inconvenience caused,

Further checked the license with our developer, and the issue was resolved. But it will take 7 days to remove the message, so client is still receiving the error message.
Sam Lau
CloudBacko Forum Support
Sam.Lau

Postby ChazJ » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:45 pm

OK, Thank you for resolving this.

Charlie
ChazJ

Re: License Violation [Solved]

Postby ChazJ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:47 pm

I am getting license violations again. After several months, I am still trying to get this back-up environment working satisfactorily, and I am getting very frustrated. I have another open issue which has not yet been resolved where I am getting errors on every backup. (Backup Errors [#14528]https://forum.cloudbacko.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1452).

As of this morning, I have deleted ALL backup sets along with associated data. To be extra sure, I deleted the folders/files created by CBP on the destination media. I am still getting license violations! How often does it check? How long does it take to clear these violations?

I am not attempting any more backups until I get the other issue resolved (Backup Errors [#14528]https://forum.cloudbacko.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1452).

PLEASE help me get these issues resolved

Thank you!

Charlie
ChazJ

Postby jeff.tang » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi Charlie,

For the license violation issue, would you please provide your .cbp folder by PM for our investigation again?

Regarding the VMware backup issue with task ID [#14528], this is still under investigation by our development. We shall let you once we have an update.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby ChazJ » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Jeff,

I have attached the ZIP file containing the folder requested. I am sure this is the same issue as before. We have decided to keep the third server (situation / environment explained in an earlier post). We have tried backup on all three servers trying to investigate possible causes for the errors in the other post, and perhaps this is why we now have the license violation. But we will not purchase the additional licenses until we get the other issue resolved. If it cannot be resolved we will need to find another backup solution and request a refund.

In the meantime we are at risk with no backups.

Please see what you can do to expedite the solution to our issues.

Thank you,

Charlie
ChazJ

Postby jeff.tang » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the config file. As checked by our development, there is no backup set configured. The license violation could be caused by running backup on three servers.

Regarding the VM backup issue with task ID [#14528], I will escalate this again.

By the way, please do not attached your config file on the forum since there are license information included.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby jeff.tang » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi Charile,

In addition to my previous reply, since you have CBK installed onto 3 servers, would you please also send us the .cbp folder from the other 2 machines by PM? I will further with my development to see which backup set causing the license violation.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Postby ChazJ » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi Jeff,

Sorry about the attachment. I was not aware.

I do not understand the comment about running on three servers. CBP runs only on a single machine. The name of the machine is QAHostServer2, IP address 172.16.1.200. A while back, I did move (re-install) CBP. It was previously running on a different machine, QAHostServer, IP address 172.16.1.222.

As for backup sets, I deleted them all due to the license violation. There are currently no backup sets defined or in use. We do have three VMWare servers, though. Originally we were going to keep only two, but now we have decided to use the third one, too. We currently have a CBP license for only two, so we will need to purchase another one once we get the other issue resolved.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Charlie
ChazJ

Postby jeff.tang » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for clarification. This is the reason for not finding the license violation in your config files.

Regarding the VM backup issue, our development team might have found the root cause. It was to the Vcenter running on custom port 1443 instead of default 443. Our development is currently working on a fix for this. We shall keep you posted in corresponding forum post.
Jeff Tang
CloudBacko Forum Support
jeff.tang

Return to License