License Violation Due to Reinstall of CloudBacko Pro Software

Discuss software licensing issues here.

License Violation Due to Reinstall of CloudBacko Pro Software

Postby psdbrawner » Mon May 09, 2016 4:38 am

I have had my license expired due to a license violation. I had some difficulties with the backups so I cleared all of my backup data, backed up my configuration, and uninstalled and re-installed the CloudBacko Pro software. When I opened the client for the first time it sent me a new license key. I applied the license key I was emailed and restored my configuration. Several days later I received a notice saying that I had used two many licenses for my VMware Host licenses (Pro). I have tried deleting all my backup jobs and their data to start over but I am still getting a license violation and now it has expired.

Please let me know what I need to do to get my license re-established and to keep the license calculator from violating my licenses. I have only 3 VMware hosts and I have purchased 3 VMware Pro licenses as well as the basic Cloud Backo Pro license.

You can reach me by email with any other questions or information.

Thank you.
psdbrawner

Re: License Violation Due to Reinstall of CloudBacko Pro Software

Postby CB.Support.Manager » Mon May 09, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello,

You mentioned that you have re-installed CloudBacko Pro.

-What CloudBacko Pro version are you currently using?
-Are your backing up standard alone VMware hosts or through VMware vCenter?

If you have already removed the either the backup set as advised on the license violation message. Then the license violation error will be automatically reset after seven consecutive days.
Support Manager of CloudBacko
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
CB.Support.Manager
Site Admin

Postby psdbrawner » Thu May 12, 2016 10:52 am

I am running CloudBacko Pro v1.11.4.0 and I am connecting to a vCenter v5.5u3 server.

I have now completely reinstalled Windows on the server and I applied my license key. I get a "license valid" message and then I receive an "activation.olr" file in my email. When I try to import this new activation file, I get "invalid license" message and it fails to import the license activation file.

I have made sure to delete all of my backups and I did not import my settings.sys backup file (I am starting over from scratch). Can you please tell me why I am getting the "invalid license" message?

Thank you.
psdbrawner

Postby psdbrawner » Fri May 13, 2016 7:33 am

I have tried again today to apply my license key (which is successfully validated) and I have received yet another activation.olr file. When I select this newest activation.olr file to import into the application, it tells me "invalid license file". Can you please give me some advice or direction?

Thank you.
psdbrawner

Postby psdbrawner » Wed May 18, 2016 12:33 pm

I have waited for the required 7 days for my license violation to clear and I am still unable to install the license file emailed to me. I apply my license key to my new installation of CloudBacko Pro and I receive the activation.olr file. When I save the file emailed to me and import it into the CloudBacko application I get "invalid license file" every time. Please let me know what to do next.

Thank you.
psdbrawner

Postby CB.Support.Manager » Tue May 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Hello,

You license key has now been reactivated.
Support Manager of CloudBacko
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
CB.Support.Manager
Site Admin

Return to License