License deactivated after installation on different computer

Discuss software licensing issues here.

License deactivated after installation on different computer

Postby gmoulas » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi, we installed the application on a test computer and did purchase license on it. After that we installed again on our server and activate it normally.
After removing 2 days ago the application from the test computer the Server still claiming license violation.
Please take note that we didn't use the program on both computers simultaneously. Now the last backup was missed, so this is not a normal situation for a paid program.
We did not violate the programs since we removed it from the test machine. You should upgrade the licensing system.
Thank you.
gmoulas

Re: License deactivated after installation on different computer

Postby rafael » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Hello

If you have uninstalled the second installation of cloudbacko, normally the license violation will be automatically reset after seven consecutive days.

Please send us your invoice number and second part of your license key as proof of purchase by PM (personal message). I will get your license key reactivated?
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
rafael
Site Admin

Postby gmoulas » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 am

Hi,
7 days is way too much to wait. What if our system will crash, burn, stolen.
invoice Number: CC-105136
"Note: Please do not post your license key or invoice details on the forum"
"Send a PM (personal message) CB.Support.Manager" but I don't know how to send such a PM
Regards,
g moulas
gmoulas

Postby gmoulas » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:08 am

I fount how to PM but the message stays in the Outbox. Shouldn't be in the Sent folder?
gmoulas

Postby rafael » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Hello

I have received your PM.

if you have already uninstalled CloudBacko Pro on the machine AdminW7 then you have resolved the problem. The license violation will automatically reset after 7 consecutive days no other action is required. You can continue to backup and restore your data normally.
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
rafael
Site Admin

Postby gmoulas » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:15 am

Hello Rafael,
Now looks fine and it took a backup. Thank you.
Please don't take it personally I'm sure you are from the good guys and I respect your job.
But the CloudBacko support sucks. period.
gmoulas

Postby Bluejay » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Same problem here. I have already uninstalled it on my old laptop, but the program still claims that there is a license violation. Now I don't know if I can make a backup without losing it. :( I can't wait 7 days.
Bluejay

Postby rafael » Sun May 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Bluejay wrote:Same problem here. I have already uninstalled it on my old laptop, but the program still claims that there is a license violation. Now I don't know if I can make a backup without losing it. :( I can't wait 7 days.

If you have already uninstalled CloudBacko Pro on the other machine then you have already resolved the problem. The license violation will automatically reset after 7 consecutive days no other action is required. You can continue to backup and restore your data normally with any further interruptions.
Rafael Ho
CloudBacko Forum Support
rafael
Site Admin

Postby Ghorlander » Mon May 02, 2016 1:33 pm

CloudBacko

I have four licenses of your pro backup solution, and tonight for some unknown reason CloudBacko on my development system is saying the trail has expired. This is not a trial and was a fully licensed package. Checking my emails I see all of my invoices but no where is a license key.

Send me ALL of my keys Four Cloudbacko Pro and one wit SQL.

I don't want this hassle to happen again. No one is cheating you so there is no reason to make this so inconvenient for a customer. What would happen if I had an emergency and needed to do a restore?

I am not happy with how this is being managed, nor do I like how one has to go about getting support, and of course, there is not a phone number to be found anywhere on your website. This is BS, and will drive busy away from your solution faster than anything, I'm already considering going back to Retrospect. At least with that product there was someone to call.

Gene Horlander
my username ghorlander
my number is +1 317 331 3038
ghorlander@hdplus4it.com
Ghorlander

Postby CB.Support.Manager » Wed May 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Ghorlander wrote:CloudBacko

I have four licenses of your pro backup solution, and tonight for some unknown reason CloudBacko on my development system is saying the trail has expired. This is not a trial and was a fully licensed package. Checking my emails I see all of my invoices but no where is a license key.

Send me ALL of my keys Four Cloudbacko Pro and one wit SQL.

I don't want this hassle to happen again. No one is cheating you so there is no reason to make this so inconvenient for a customer. What would happen if I had an emergency and needed to do a restore?

I am not happy with how this is being managed, nor do I like how one has to go about getting support, and of course, there is not a phone number to be found anywhere on your website. This is BS, and will drive busy away from your solution faster than anything, I'm already considering going back to Retrospect. At least with that product there was someone to call.

Gene Horlander
my username ghorlander
my number is +1 317 331 3038
ghorlander@hdplus4it.com

Hello Gene,

Some commons reason why a paid license is reverted to trial:

1. The license files on your CloudBacko machine have been deleted/corrupted
2. If CloudBacko is on a Windows machine logging on using a different Windows account than the one used to install cloudBacko Pro

If this is not the case please PM me the second half of the license key on your development machine.

Also, customers can easily retrieve the license key for CloudBacko using the following instructions Where can I find my CloudBacko Pro/Lite purchase license key? viewtopic.php?f=31&t=297

The standard level of support for CloudBacko is through this forum. If you would like a higher level of support you can consider purchasing our premium support service which include phone and email support http://www.cloudbacko.com/en/cloudbacko ... ricing.jsp
Support Manager of CloudBacko
CB.Support.Manager
Site Admin

Return to License