Need 1st part of license key

Discuss software licensing issues here.

Need 1st part of license key

Postby paulb » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Hello

I have moved my server disks to new hardware and the license key is no longer recognised. I do not have a note of the first part of the license key on the old hardware, so can you please provide this?

I sent a PM to cb.support.manager 3 days ago including the invoice details with the second part of the key but had no response. I tried to chase this up but when I try and send another PM it is stuck in Outbox.

In addition for some reason CB is now running very slowly (a full backup used to take about 5 hours to scan all disks, so far it has been running for 24, with no indication of how much longer it will take) I don't know if this is relating to the fact it is now in Trial mode or something else.

Appreciate that this is not the place for technical issues, just wanted to know if the Trial is throttled in some way.
paulb

Re: Need 1st part of license key

Postby CB.Support.Manager » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Hello Paul,

I have already replied to your PM.

On your technical question the trial license key allows unrestricted access to CloudBacko Pro/Lite features there is no throttling.

A full backup used to take about 5 hours to scan all disks, so far it has been running for 24, with no indication of how much longer it will take)

Common reasons why the disk scan can take longer is

1. If you have added extra file/folder to the backup source
2. The are other applications or process reading/writing to the same disks.
3. If the backup source are network drive you may need to check the network connectivity between the machine
Support Manager of CloudBacko
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
CB.Support.Manager
Site Admin

Re: Need 1st part of license key

Postby paulb » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:43 pm

Thank you , now activated again. I will do some digging to try and figure out why it is so slow. There is no extra data, the disks are internal and there's nothing else running on the server at this time, in fact, the system should be faster because the disks are now on SATA III 6GB channels. I will let you know what I find.
paulb

Return to License