Premature End of File Version 2.1.0.0

Discuss software licensing issues here.

Premature End of File Version 2.1.0.0

Postby johnny_ronsen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:31 pm

I have installed the Trial Version of CloudBacko PRO. Seems whenever I try to access the GUI about 2 out 3 tries I get the 'Premature end of file' error. If I try enough times I get the software to execute and open . If I restart the service I seem to get in right away, but that lasts only the first time I access the GUI after the restart.

This error also seems to affect the scheduled backups as they fail for Description: '[License] Failed to get license. Reason=Trial not available for machine not connected to Internet.'

This is installed on a VM in the cloud and the bandwidth and connection reliability is not a problem as the machine has been serving up websites without a hitch. This is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2.

I like the software, but the reliability of connecting to the license server leaves me wondering if this would be a good backup tool to use.
johnny_ronsen

Re: Premature End of File Version 2.1.0.0

Postby CB.Support.Manager » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your interest in CloudBacko.

From your description of the problem the error '[License] Failed to get license. Reason=Trial not available for machine not connected to Internet.', it could be related to some issues with trial license activation process.

The quickest way to confirm and resolve this problems is to:

1. Quit the CloudBacko Pro UI
2. Stop your CloudBacko Service under Windows [Administrative Tools]>[Services]>[CloudBacko Pro Services]
3. Rename the C:\Users\Administrator\.cbp\config folder
4. Start your CloudBacko Service under Windows [Administrative Tools]>[Services]>[CloudBacko Pro Services]
5. Start the CloudBacko Pro UI
Support Manager of CloudBacko
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
CB.Support.Manager
Site Admin

Return to License