License violation

Discuss software licensing issues here.

License violation

Postby dans » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:19 am

Hello,

We've purchased Cloudbacko Pro and the VMware module as per what the BUY section of the Cloudbacko software recommended, and now we're getting License Violations. I don't understand??

Here is a screenshot of our license page:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2lusz8z.jpg

Please advise.

Dan.
dans

Re: License violation

Postby dans » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:20 am

Also, we're running the most up to date version, as per our update last week.
dans

Postby johnny.wong » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:40 am

Hi Dan,

The screenshot suggest that the system has not updated the license key details as yet. This can take up to 24 hours to update, depending on when the last update was made.

With the license violation, if the key have not been used elsewhere. Can you provide us with the system log files for CloudBacko, so we can check further? Could you copy the system logs to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download? If you prefer, you can pm me the link.

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and system logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
johnny.wong

Postby dans » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:53 am

Hi Johnny,

I'll PM you a Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Dan.
dans

Postby johnny.wong » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi Dan,

If you purchased the modules then you should not have any violation. The logs does mention the license being deactivated on 28th Sept. Can you advise when you made the purchase? If you got a second email, then could you provide me with your license key details and also the invoice no of your purchase and I will check our records for this.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby johnny.wong » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:58 am

Hi Dan,

As the screen shot you provided suggest the key not been in use on the machine, can you advise if the key has been in use on any other machines? As the license record is reporting that the a module has been used or that it has been in use under more than one location. If it is used on another machine, you would need to uninstall CloudBacko from the machine to resolve the issue.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby dans » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:02 am

Only using it on this machine. And we are indeed using it on this machine. Weekly full backups running over the course of every weekend. Every vm gets backed up.
dans

Postby johnny.wong » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi Dans,

Have checked our records and it seems that CloudBacko has 2 VMware backup set connecting to 2 different vCenter machines. Can you confirm if this is correct or not? As this would be the reason for the violation. If you only wish to perform the backup on one of the vCenter, then to resolve the license issue we recommend removing the additional backup set.

Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for the license status to change.

Alternatively an additional VMware module can be purchased for the additional backup set.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby dans » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi Johnny,

I just got another Violation notice after it cleared itself last week.

We only have ONE Vcentre Server we're connecting to. On top of that, when we purchased Cloudbacko, we quoted it and priced it based on what Cloudbacko itself quoted us at. I clicked BUY and it told me how much it was and we paid that. I don't see how/why we would need to purchase anything new.

Thanks and let me know,

Dan.
dans

Postby johnny.wong » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:20 am

Hi Dans,

Do you mind sending us the system logs so that we can check on this further? You can copy the system log files to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download? If you prefer, you can PM me the link.

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby dans » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Sent as a PM.
dans

Postby johnny.wong » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Dans,

As discussed via PM, can we arrange for a remote session to have a look into this issue? If possible, can we arrange for this session during our office hours between 9am-6PM GMT+8 ?
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby johnny.wong » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:41 am

Hi Dans,

Still not able to get connected via TeamViewer. Can you let me know when the service is running and I shall connect on using the same details you have provided.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Return to License