Microsoft SBS [SOLVED]

Discuss software licensing issues here.

Microsoft SBS [SOLVED]

Postby jyan21 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:21 am

I purchased the CloudBacko Pro Software for file backup only on a Microsoft SBS machine. Because SBS has Exchange and SQL (both of which are not being used) which I don't want to back up, it's saying I'm violating the license. Please help me resolve this issue. I ONLY want to back up files from this server and NOTHING else, so I'm not violating the license.

John
jyan21

Re: Microsoft SBS

Postby johnny.wong » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:41 am

Hi John,

The violation would only appear if backup set for the modules were created. If you do not have any Exchange or SQL backup on the machine, can you pm me you license key details to check our records? Also, do you mind copying the system logs to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc and share the link on this thread for us to download? If you prefer, you can pm me the link.

Please refer to our FAQ "Where are the CloudBacko backup and restore logs located?" viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
johnny.wong

Postby jyan21 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi Johnny,

Just tried to send you a PM but it's showing in my outbox and not sure if it actually went out.

John
jyan21

Postby johnny.wong » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi John,

Have for the PM. In regards to the logs, please refer to viewtopic.php?f=58&t=233 for details of where the logs are located. If you can, please send us the system logs.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby johnny.wong » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:16 am

Hi John,

Our checks on the key details shows that there currently an Exchange & MSSQL backup set configured on CloudBacko and it is this that is triggering the license violation. As you mention that you do not perform Exchange or MSSQL backup on this machine, please can you check and remove these backup sets.

If you do not have any Exchange or SQL backup set created on the system, then can you send me the system logs. They will be located under .cbp\logs\system
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby jyan21 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:39 am

Hi Johnny,

I've sent the link to the logs via PM. Also I removed the backup sets for Exchange and SQL when I reinstalled the latest version of the software and purchased the files only license this past Saturday.

thanks,
John
jyan21

Postby johnny.wong » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi,

Just tried downloading the logs and there seems to be a connection issue to the link. Could you provide another link for us to download from?
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby jyan21 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:47 am

Hi Johnny,

New link sent. Please let me know.

John
jyan21

Postby johnny.wong » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:25 am

Hi,

Have checked the logs and cannot see any backup set that should have caused this issue. Could you restart your CloudBacko Pro service? If the restart does not help, can you pm me the settings.sys file from C:\users\{windows account}\.cbp\config so that we can check on this further?
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Postby jyan21 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:50 pm

thanks Restarting the service worked.
jyan21

Postby johnny.wong » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi jyan21,

Thank you for the update. Happy to hear that the problem has been resolved after a restart of the service.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Re: Microsoft SBS [SOLVED]

Postby jyan21 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:03 am

Hi Johnny,

Even though the server no longer gives the license error message I got an email stating that "All your installed CloudBacko Pro software has been DISABLED because you haven't fixed the License Violation problem before September, 12 2015. ....."

I'll PM you the entire email. Please resolve this on your end ASAP.

John
jyan21

Postby jyan21 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:07 am

Hi Johnny,

Now when I launch the CloudBacko Pro on the SBs Server I get

"CloudBacko Pro has been DISABLED because you haven't fixed the License Violation problem for over 14 days. You can extend the grace period ....."

Please fix ASAP. I've clicked on the link to extend the grace period so I can continue to run backups.
jyan21

Postby jyan21 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:11 am

Hi Johnny,

I clicked on the link in my email requesting the extension and it seems to be approved. However when I launch CloudBacko Pro it still shows as disabled. I tried restarting the service and it's a no go.

Need the working.

John
jyan21

Postby johnny.wong » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:24 am

Hi jyan21,

Have checked on the records and the license appears to be fine and has not been disabled. Would it be possible to re-apply the license key and import the activation file again to resolve this.

Details of how to add the key can be found on FAQ "How do I apply a license key to a new CloudBacko Pro/Lite installation?" viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
johnny.wong

Return to License