Retention clarification

Discuss any other CloudBacko Pro's issues here.

Retention clarification

Postby katit » Fri May 01, 2015 3:00 am

I'm little confused about how this is done.

I want to do FULL backup every week and then just incremental every day. I want to keep only this week.

For cloud location I'd like to do FULL every month and then incremental daily. I want to keep only this month.

For local drive (another drive) I want to do FULL every day and keep 1 week history

How do I achieve those 3 scenarios?
katit

Re: Retention clarification

Postby johnny.wong » Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 am

hi katit.

The first scenario, you can use the Advance in-file delta options to set a weekly Full backup. To change the in-file delta settings, from CloudBacko UI, client on [Backup Sets] > select backup set > client on "Show advanced settings" link. Once done, you should see a screen similar to the image below.

AdvanceDelta.png
AdvanceDelta.png (73.91 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

For retention, you can just set the number of days that you wish to keep the deleted/outdated files. So in this case, just setup the retention to 7 days rather than the default 30 days.

2nd Scenario, you can again use the advance in-file delta options, but instead of using weekly you can select a full backup for a day in the month. Such as First Friday of the month as shown in image below.

AdvanceDelta2.png
AdvanceDelta2.png (73.15 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

Retention will require no changes as the default will keep files that has been removed for 30 days.

3rd Scenario, if you wish to have a Full backup each day, then please disable the in-file delta option. Doing this would force the backup to upload the full size each time. And for the retention, you can set the retention to 7 days rather then the default 30 days.

Hope this helps.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
johnny.wong

Postby katit » Tue May 05, 2015 12:11 am

Thanks! Sound easy
katit

Postby johnny.wong » Tue May 05, 2015 11:44 am

Happy to help. Let us know if you have any further questions.
Johnny Wong
CloudBacko Forum Support
The Most Secure Cloud & Local Backup Software
johnny.wong

Return to Others